"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something, but to be someone."
-- Coco Chanel

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Where do I begin?

Hello, welcome to my blog.

That was easy. Almost a no brainer on where to begin. Now comes the hard part: who am I and why am I writing this blog? After all I have never even read a blog before. Well other than my hubby's blog about training for an Iron Man competition. Although I am pretty savvy on my computer and internet skills, I couldn't even tell you where to start to look for a blog. So I am just hoping that someone out there finds mine.

All my life I have been the person that my friends come to for advice or just to vent. From work, to relationships, and now to parenting. No reason for this, I think I listen well and have pretty solid words of wisdom on occasion. Of course, this wisdom has come in the form of solicited and unsolicited advice when I just couldn't keep my opinion to myself.

I am pretty much a type A personality with a bit of type B thrown in for good measure. For this blog I am hoping to write some basic and practical advice on being a Mommy and what makes life a bit easier when you are one. After all, we Moms, and Dads, have to stick together or we may never make it out of parenthood alive. At the very minimum we should set a goal of getting through parenthood with our sanity and our physical well being in tact. Maybe even with a bonus of keeping our mental youth (we can't do much about our physical youth) and our independent spirit alive as well. But then, come to think of it, none of us will really get out of parenthood alive as once you are in the club you don't get out until you die. Okay, so let's just focus on making the most of everyday as a parent. One of the hardest, under-appreciated and the most amazing jobs in the world.

I am still very much at the beginning of parenthood; my daughter is only 2 years old. But keep in mind the title of my blog... "fortysomething Mommy" meaning that I do have a few years of knowledge behind me. With age does indeed come wisdom. The wisest thing to remember is that we learn every day, none of us will ever know everything, so a bit of information from others is always a good thing.

Why did I choose to write a blog? Well, I was giving some advice to my cousin who is pregnant with her first child and I was telling her about strollers, actually I emailed her a pretty in depth explanation of how many and what features on a stroller to look for. She wrote back laughing about how detailed I was in my email and told me to start a blog. So I am.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy, feel entertained and get a bit of good advice or guidance as well.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Wendi,
    Boy do I understand this. Good idea doing a blog. I look forward to your musings.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,
    chalk one up for the guys!! the hubby is making the male look good. great idea for a blog. t.d.

    ReplyDelete